Tuesday, October 12, 2010

sweet deal

Visited 30 Rockefeller Plaza to go on an NBC studios' Walking Tour. Their website highly recommended reserving a spot ahead of time, which I did not do. You see, I picked up a coupon from the hostel for two dollars off of admission. I was to show it at time of payment to receive the discount. Buuuuut flashing the coupon plus paying online equals dilemma! "But India, why not just pay online and get refunded two dollars at the tour site?" Didn't want to chance it, so I decided to try my luck of just showing up and paying in person.

I hear "NBC" and think "*gasp!!* 30ROCK!" So I was über excited to see the location of one of my favorite shows in person.

And see? It's the ice rink in the Rockefeller Plaza ... just like on the show! :D

"Doo doo, do-do-do-do doo doo, do-do-do-do-do, DO! do!"

Going upstairs to buy tour tickets!

CRAP! So while I'm graciously reserving my spot for Wednesday's tour, I slide my coupon across the counter. The cashier chuckles and knocks two dollars off my ticket price. I smile, stuff my tour ticket into my wallet, then pout as I head back downstairs.

But hold it! The day is not all lost. As I'm leaving an intern hands me an invitation to view the 3pm monologue rehearsal for Jimmy Fallon's late night show. Sweet!

Viewing the rehearsal was great! We the audience just had to laugh at the lines we found funny. That show has some witty writers (we got to meet a few of them while waiting to enter the studio). Very talented folks.

This is the monologue that we got to view as the test audience!

***
Just wanted to share this: the NBC gift shop is thorough! Their logo appeared in so many creative places, including worked into the pattern on the ceiling! Here's the logo as part of the stair banister.


No comments: